- the information we, Social Mixer, collect about you,
- how we use and share that information, and
- the privacy choices available to you.
What Information Do We Collect When You Use Our Services?
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information, such as your name, gender, date of birth , email address and profile and social photographs;
- Messages and interactive forum information, such as messages to other Social Mixer users, comments on chats, group posts and information you provide in connection with activities and events you post to the site;
- Other background, contact and demographic information, such as your occupation, social event history, interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide;
- Information about you from other Social Mixer users, such as friend connections, reviews of socials you host, compliments sent and received by you, and other interconnections and interactions between you and other Social Mixer users.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access our mobile application or website, or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Log Information: We collect log information about how you access or use our Services, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We or our third party services we use to improve your experience may automatically collect information using cookies and other tracking technologies to, among other things count visits, understand usage of the service and campaign effectiveness and tell, for example, if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your Social Mixer account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site. But other than your first name, surname, gender, and profile photo, no other information from third-party social networking sites is shared with other users.
How Do We Use this Information?
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about Social Mixer and other third parties;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
We retain the personal data you provide until your account is deleted. Account deactivation does not delete your personal data. In some cases we may retain certain information in anonymized or aggregated form.
Sharing of Information
- With your consent
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us; This includes Recurly and Stripe the providers of our secure subscription payment processing, renewal and reporting service;
- With others who access or use our Services in accordance with the privacy settings you establish
- With search engines in order to index the content you provide as part of a group or public profile;
- With partners who run contests, special offers or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and to protect the security or integrity of our Services; or to protect Social Mixer, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Mixer is responsible and liable if third-party agents that it uses to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the GDPR, unless Social Mixer proves that it is not responsible for the event that allowed the damage to occur.